Buying a new home may be the biggest investment you’ll ever make. Protecting your home from unwanted pests is the first step in protecting that investment. Pest management has become a major industry in helping preserve the value of your home and health of your family.
Many pests can damage your home, while others carry and spread diseases.
Indoor and Perimeter Pest Control
Petri’s has an inside pest control program for those accounts that require more frequent inside service. These accounts are usually commercial accounts or condominiums, although Petri’s will service residential accounts inside on a regular basis if the customer requests this.
This treatment is referred to as our “traditional” service, since this used to be the way all accounts were serviced years ago. A more recent trend in pest control that has developed over the last five to ten years is the perimeter treatment method. This allows pest management professionals to target insects at their source while keeping pesticides primarily outside the home. It also provides the added convenience to the homeowner of not having to schedule inside appointments since the service can be performed when the customer is not home. Petri’s calls this perimeter service “Protect-A-Guard”. This is the primary service we recommend to most homeowners because of the added benefits.
Protect-A-Guard is our premium pest control program designed to protect and guard your home all year long from the numerous varieties of ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other common pests found in South Florida. Protect-A-Guard can be summarized in 5 simple steps:
1) Inspect & Evaluate: An initial inspection and evaluation of your home by a trained inspector will determine current pest issues, possible conducive conditions for pest activity, and the best treatment program for the customer’s needs. This step is free of charge!
2) Treat & Recommend: A thorough initial treatment, performed by a pest management specialist, will be made to all interior cracks, crevices, voids, and harborages where pests may live and breed. Petri uses only the most effective EPA approved products and materials that impact pests, but not our environment. Recommendations are made by the service professional to correct any conditions that may be contributing to pest activity.
3) Perimeter Focused: Treatment of the perimeter of the home is a key to success as this is where mostly all pest problems originate from. The specialist applies the first of 6 perimeter treatments to the exterior of the home. A backpack spray application is made to the foundation and all entry points. Baits are applied as needed to adjacent landscape and power spray is applied if necessary to eliminate nearby pest harborages. Accessible spider webs and wasp nests are treated and removed.
4) Follow Up – Depending on the type of pest problems inhabiting a home, and the severity of the problems, follow up services in the days and weeks to follow may be necessary to eliminate all pest activity.
5) Guarantee: Petri’s Guarantee is straightforward: Should pests return, so will Petri, at no additional charge and within 24 hours of being notified. For those more challenging pest problems, Associate Certified Entomologists are on staff at Petri and leading industry experts are available for support, including on-site visits, throughout the year.
A yearly pest control program that was designed to control the numerous varieties of ants, roaches, spiders, and other insects that invade our homes. This program includes a complete initial interior treatment followed by quarterly exterior perimeter treatments. These barrier treatments are performed to help protect the interior from a pest invasion. A 7 to 10 foot barrier is applied with a power sprayer around the perimeter of the structure, including treatment at the base of trees and shrubs, mulch, rocks, and any other pest harborage areas. This application is extremely important to achieve effective control. All entry points such as windows, doors and eaves are also treated with a small applicator. Accessible spider webs and wasp nests are swept down and the nesting areas treated. The exterior service is performed at the time of the initial interior service and on a quarterly basis thereafter.
The initial inside service includes treating all cracks and crevices with a residual material including baits, powders and gels. Electrical switch plates in key areas such as kitchens and bathrooms may be removed and a dust placed in the wall voids. Bait will be spread throughout the attic in most cases. If necessary though, the attic may need to be fogged or dusted instead. This would be in the case of an existing infestation. In addition to treating all cracks and crevices throughout the house, treatment of all plumbing entry points, the garage and porch/patio areas are also treated. This thorough interior treatment provides protection against an infestation on the interior. In other words, with the materials and products in place, if an insect does enter the residence, it will not live long enough to reproduce.
This premium service has 3 main advantages over other types of services. It is more effective because it treats insects directly at their source, which is on the perimeter of the home or building. By applying the pesticides on the outside rather than the inside during our quarterly visits, we have put safety as a top priority. Lastly, this premium service is more convenient. There is no more waiting around every month for inside appointments.
Protect-A-Guard, like all Petri’s services, is fully guaranteed. Petri’s will return any time throughout the year if a problem should occur. Petri’s technicians are conscientious and trained to respond to specific problems and to achieve effective control.
Petri’s is proud to have been serving customers in South Florida since 1956 and to have played a major role in allowing those customers to live healthier, more prosperous and comfortable lives.